Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Confucius says...

It's been a while since my last actual post. The latest was just a quote I remembered that I thought was cool. I don't have much time to post tonight either but I'll catch up on things to bore you to death. All, one of you!

My wife picked me up from work today. I walked this morning but a torrential downpour started about five minutes before I left for work so she came to give me a lift. She's so sweet and the kids seemed okay with it too. They usually moan and groan. Lazy farts.

Anyway, on the way out a coworker ask where I parked. I told her I walked but my wife was right outside the building and we could give her a ride to her car in the parking garage. I let her sit in the front passenger seat while I sat in the back of the van because the kids car seats are in the middle seat.

I'm sitting in the back seat and I see two unopened fortune cookies. I'm thinking they are no older than this past Saturday because we went to a Chinese buffet with some out-of-town family guest that came in for the weekend. It didn't matter. They were fully sealed still and I would have eaten them anyway.

I cracked open the first one and he fortune said,
"You are generous to an extreme and always think of the other fellow."
So true! I don't know about "other fellow" but I'm sure they mean it more generic than just a male. All I need is more reference to my manly gayness or is it metrosexual as they call it these days.

Second fortune cookie is cracked open and the fortune says,
"Your life will be happy and peaceful."
Now I must say that I am pretty happy with my life but peaceful?? That's hit or miss these days.

Well, that's my boring post for the night. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: