Thursday, April 15, 2010

In the new 04/15/2010

Saw this picture in an article on the Fox 4 web site. I think it's an interesting talent and a good way to "recycle" beer cans.
Click here for the article while it lasts

I bet a neighbor will complain that it's gaudy, ugly, etc. and this man will be forced by the city to take everything down.

Personally, these kind of creations are short-lived. They tend to fade and rust quickly which then makes the whole display really ugly! I liken it to the Western yard decor of the wagon wheel or plow. They are interesting and eye-catching for a bit but then comes the time when they should be removed but people will keep them for years...and years...to come.

It reminds me a lot of the beer can wind spinners of old. They were crafty but they turned into tetanus-wielding death mechanisms in a few short days/weeks.

Oh well! This "beer" man should enjoy his 15 minutes as long as he can. I would!


No comments: