Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Mike Modano's final season?


They had a great graphic on the Dallas Stars web page today in honor of Mike Modano. Pretty fucking awesome!

I remember when the Minnesota North Stars moved to Dallas. It was some great times for me, my friends and family. Those were the days of the $8 nose bleed seats in Reunion Arena. I took eight people to watch a game for the price of what one ticket cost nowadays. Good times.

I just finished watching tonight's Stars versus Ducks game. It was a pretty good albeit meaningless for post-season play game. Modano had a fire to him that I hadn't seen in at least a year or two. Flashes of the greatness was grand to see once again if just for a brief moment.

It was a good win and the courtesy and appreciation by the fans and the opponents was what Modano, and Lehtinen, brought to the game.

I must have missed the official announcement but happy retiring Mo. If Lehtinen doesn't resign with the Stars, happy trails Letty. As far as Turco, no disrespect but goodbye and good riddance.

It's weird but I feel like a friend is moving, leaving or died. Weird!


No comments: