Friday, October 30, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

I saw that this movie, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, comes out next week on DVD. I will watch this movie on DVD but I believe this is another destruction of my childhood television watching series.

I'm sure it will be an exciting, action-packed movie. I'm sure it'll have cool CGI. The problem for me is that it doesn't follow anywhere close to the cartoon series. Sure, there is Duke, Ripcord, Scarlett, Cobra and some others but it's just not the same story line. I guess they have to do what they have to do to sell the movie and appeal to younger generations that weren't even born during the time I was watching original airings and not reruns.

They didn't follow the story line and weren't convincing enough (for me) with the way they did Transformers.

Sure Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was action-packed but c'mon...who the hell is the Fallen and why can only a Prime kill him? Also, if only a Prime can kill the Fallen why can Megatron kill Optimus Prime, the last Prime? How many times does Optimus have to sword the big robot (forget his name) in the woods, Starscream (although he does finally cut his arm off) and Megatron (although he does come back and stab Optimus once and kills him)? How come everything the Allspark or shards of touches turns electronics into BAD robots? Is the Allspark only full of bad ju-ju and it only affects newly created robots? Was this movie tailored more to kids, tweeners or adults? It had a lot of cursing, derogatory terms and scenes of dog-dog/robot-human leg humping. Not that I cared, but my kids didn't really to see it!

Anyway, I just hope Joe is a good movie. I know we can't all have a sort of continuation of the discontinued shows we watched when we were little (see the bad remakes of Land of the Lost, Starsky & Hutch, Bewitched, the list goes on and on) but at least make them with some quality!

No comments: