Monday, October 12, 2009

New sales gimmick (Rooms To Go)

I guess whatever it takes to get the people inside the stores. I'm not sure that an at least $800+ kid's bedroom suite is worth spending for a free $299 Xbox 360. Of course, I'm sure their "special bedroom packages" are way more than $800!

I recently purchased a new dining room table with eight chairs (yes, it's that fucking big). I signed up for notifications via email. I don't mind as it's not my main email. I really don't care to receive them but you never know when you might get that "special" deal. Most of the "deals" are crap for me because I'm not prompted to buy things from subliminal advertising. If I need something, I go look. If I find something I like that I needed, I buy it. Simple as that.

Anyway, I just thought it was funny to see a furniture store throwing in a free Xbox 360 to basically bribe people to buy kid's room furniture. They might have something especially for the rich people with kids. If a rich brat complains and whines enough, the rich parents will give in just to shut them the fuck up.

Oh well, it's not like it's the first time I've seen such "bribery" to get people buying shit they don't need.


Goodbye and Good Riddance!

No comments: