Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In the news 10/27/2009

I was reading an article from the 'new' Yahoo home page about Scientology being convicted of fraud in France. [Article here as long as it lasts.]

It's an interesting read. I especially like the last paragraph:
Belgium, Germany and other European countries have been criticized by the U.S. State Department for labeling Scientology as a cult or sect and enacting laws to restrict its operations.
It makes me wonder why the hell the U.S. State Department gives a shit about what other countries think about religion. When did the U.S. become the "Earth Police?" Who said the U.S. is the be-all, know-all on everything in the world? Not that I don't think the U.S. is great and all or that the U.S. handles some situations much better than other countries.

I'm just saying who is the U.S. government to point fingers!?


Goodbye and Good Riddance!

No comments: