Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jonesing for another hand gun

I'm thinking about purchasing another pistol for the small, very small, one, collection of mine. I really want to stick with the 9MM ammunition size. That way I don't have to buy more than one size. I already have my 9MM Beretta so matching ammo for the new one would be perfecto.

I've looked at a few sites for critiques and such but have only looked at Academy Sports and Outdoors for pricing, for now. I prefer a local versus Internet dealer so I can actually go touch and feel the piece as well as not feel like I'm going to get suckered from an online purchase. Besides, I know how much paper work I'd have to fill out and I really don't know how that would be done via the Internet. I'm an immediate gratification kind of guy when it comes to my "toys" so purchasing and waiting for an online product is not my ideal plan.

These are the pistolas I have taken a gander at: a Taurus PT-92 for $429.99, a Taurus 24/7 9MM SS for $379.99, and a Smith & Wesson Sigma 9MM for $319.99 at Academy Sports with their photos in respective order below.



I really like the look of the Taurus PT-92. It's modeled after the Beretta and it is a body style I really like. It has smooth lines compared to the others. I did read that the gun shoots well as is said the same for the 24/7 SS. The S&W Sigma 9MM was rated pretty highly by a few gun "experts" but it doesn't look as "pretty" to me as the other two. The Sigma and the 24/7 are rated better for concealed but it's a mute for point for me right now as I don't have my CHL just yet. I'm planning on getting it but it cost a good chunk of change and I really don't know how comfortable the wife and/or kids would be if they knew Daddy was carrying the heat.

Anyway, these will probably be shelved as "things Jay wants but probably won't get for some time" along with my PS3 Slim, Pontoon and/or Waverunner, and other things.

Ah, to win the Texas Lotto...but I'd have to actually play, huh!?

No comments: