Wednesday, March 10, 2010

R.I.P. Corey Haim

Poor Corey. It's all over the web today so I'm sure everyone already knows but Corey Haim is dead.

I remember seeing the two Coreys in many movies. I remember Haim in some good, some alright, some campy, some just plain stupid movies but not totally his fault. He was just making their money and the movie industry was riding their popularity as long as it lasted. Too bad it didn't last too long for either of them. It's weird. I feel like I should type "them" versus "him" when talking about just one of them because they have been associated together for so long.

It amuses me to see these teen stars think that they are the shit (when they actually are) but then when their star has long faded, they still have that entitlement attitude. They just don't realize that they are no longer a part of the "in-crowd" and should stop acting as such.

The thing about Haim was at least he didn't take himself too seriously after the flame died but Feldman was always ranking himself higher than he really was. Feldman also disturbed me with his Michael Jackson obsession. You see Feldman do Jackson moves all the time in some of his movies and then also with his short-lived time as a band.

Anyway, R.I.P. Corey Haim. It was good to know you thru the good and bad.


No comments: