Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Monday morning blues

A few days late but I've been busy (sort of).

I don't have the Monday morning blues but I do occasionally...well, all the time...hate coming to work on a Monday...Tuesday...hell, every weekday!

Anyway, a coworker of mine seems to either be absent from work or does a half day basically every Monday for the past few months. Not that I care, but if someone in the office would pay the hell attention, they'd see it's a little suspicious. Duh! Anyway, this is how the conversation (I'm assuming/making up) must have gone when she called in to her boss.
MONDAY
I cannot make it into work today because I have a cold sore.

What? Why are you not coming to work today?

Because I have a cold sore.

WTF? You are not coming in because you have a cold sore?

Yes. It's huge and very unattractive, not to mention embarrassing.

Well, okay then. [Said with a little bewilderment and sarcasm]

Tuesday she was a no-show as well and she just got into the office today (Wed) at around 10:40 a.m.

Again, I don't care why you don't come in or why you don't do your work. It's not my place to give a shit. I'm not your boss and I'm not your boss's lacky to tell them when you are failing at your job. BUT, I do feel it may be a little bit of my responsibility to tell you when your excuses for missing work are LAME-O!

Hell, tell them you shit your lower intestine out or you puked up your gall bladder. SOMETHING that is better than, "I have a cold sore!"

Oh well, that's just me I guess. To each his/her own.

No comments: