Saturday, May 17, 2008

9-minute snooze button

I have this alarm clock in my bedroom that has a 9-minute snooze button. Who the hell comes up with a 9-minute snooze button? I mean 5-minute or 10-minute but 9-minute? Why not 4-minute, 6-minute, 7-minute or 8-minute? Hell, what about an 11-minute snooze button?

Of course, I've known this for a while as I've had the clock for at least 9 years. Hey, hey. Maybe that's why. It's the length of time I've owned it. Nah, it's been 9-minutes since the time it came out of the box. Now, if it increased for every year of ownership that would be something.

Anyway, it just bothered me today on my way to driving out to my tennis match. I kept hearing this little voice, "Why 9-minutes? Why 9-minutes? Why....?"

It's like when you hit the snooze button and you know that you have a set amount of time before the alarm goes off again. So, you sit and try to fall asleep but you don't want to fall into a deep sleep because you know the alarm is going to go off any minute now. Then, when you finally just fall asleep, the alarm goes off and it seems like you just fell asleep. It's a nasty cycle.

Oh well!

No comments: