Monday, May 19, 2008

Six Flags Over Texas

I took the kids to Six Flags Over Texas yesterday. It was beautiful day to go and the crowds weren't too bad...in Looney Toons Land, anyway. That's where we spent most of our time. We did venture into the far off depths of the park to ride the Carousel, Mine Train, Mini-mine Train, Antique Cars and El Sombrero but that was about it. I tried to talk them into riding the Judge Roy Scream, Texas Chute Out or even the Texas Tower but they were not going for any of them. Sometimes they are a waste of my hard-earned money. Ha! Just kidding. I guess there is enough for them to do in the "kiddie land" of Six Flags. It's just not where I'd care to spend all of my time every time I go there with them. But as a good, no grrreeeeaaaat, parent that is what I will do if that is what gives my kids the most enjoyment.

Anyway, I purchased season tickets for the family (four of us) so we could go anytime we wanted and not have to pay each time. This summer there will be a lot of visits to Six Flags. I also purchased, when I got to the park and the season pass office, season parking. It's a better deal, trust me. I paid $15 to park. I went to pay for season parking and I paid an extra $30 (that's $45 total for those of you NOT paying attention). So, if I visit the park more than 3 times, which I surely will, then I've made my money's worth and more. The only problem with this is that the season parking is tied to my season pass and only my season pass. So, if the wife and kids want to go without me or I'm not available, they'll have to pay. Or I'll have to find some sly way to ride with them, have the parking attendant slide my card for the "free" parking and then hitch a ride with a buddy or someone that was nice enough to come along in their own vehicle to whisk me away.

The odds are that my wife will not be going without me. I surely wasted money on her as she cannot do the roller coaster rides and such because she gets motion sickness or some shit like that. Basically, her season pass is payment for her being a "babysitter" for the kiddos if and when there is EVER a time I do not go along with the kids or as a family. 99% of the time I'm sure I'll be taking the kids and the wife will come along as she cares to. Like I said, she was basically a waste of my money (certainly not the first time for this) but there isn't anyone else I could call upon or depend on if I'm not available.

I've got some more thoughts about Six Flags but I thought I'd keep this post more on the "positive" thoughts than create a mixture of feelings all at one time. Highs and lows then highs and lows again is not a good thing for some people.

No comments: