Monday, November 30, 2009

How many times can I say that people are stupid?

This morning the wife and I were taking the kids to school and these pigeons were in the middle of the road. I didn't see anything but maybe there was something they were all pecking at for feeding on or whatever. There were probably about 15-20 of them.

Anyway, we're driving along and the car in front of us a mini-SUV type vehicle slams on its brakes. I was like WTF!? I then see all these pigeons slowly make their way airborne. The moment that vehicle passes they land in back of it and in front of us. My wife started to brake and I almost let a remark out but I didn't. It was just kind of a soft grunt. I think she got the picture and kept driving.

I just don't know why the hell ANYONE would brake for pigeons (squirrels or any small rodent-type animal) in the road. Let's see: 15 pigeons = approx 10 lbs versus SUV = 4,000 lbs+. Who the fuck is going to win that battle!?

Okay, so maybe some people want to preserve the life of the parasites of the world. I get it but if they are going to risk getting hit from behind to keep from killing an ignorant fucking animal that stays in the middle of the road until the last possible moment because it doesn't want to give up the road kill but will probably become road kill itself is just plain stupid!


No comments: