Thursday, November 12, 2009

My newest unnecessary electronic purchase


55 inches of pure manly love! This is my new LG 55" 1080p 120hz LCD HDTV. It was just purchased from Best Buy Wednesday afternoon during my lunch.

Best Buy is running a really good deal on home entertainment this week but I'm sure it'll be extended since the holidays are coming and they'll want your business. The current deal is if if you spend $999 and up on home entertainment then you get the financing option of 3-yr-no-interest. Now that I think about it I believe that's why and what on I purchased my previous LCD HDTV...it's a 42" I think. Anyway, that's a really good deal no matter what size, brand or kind (LCD, LED, Plasma) of television you end up purchasing. I still don't like or trust plasma and LED TVs are too new and too expensive right now for me to take a chance although they are super thin. Which is cool in itself.

So, in case you didn't know, a 55" LCD TV is big but not cumbersome unless it's still in the box. I have a Dodge Grand Caravan and it has a pretty big cargo area with the two back seats taken out. I only took one out thinking that was enough room but when I saw the box of the 55" I was like, "Oh man, that may not fit." Alone it would but I also got an LG Blu-ray player as a package deal with the 55". I also purchased a 32" LG LCD TV. Both these LCD TVs are replacing tube TVs so I am definitely upgrading. All I have to do now is upgrade my DirecTV to HD and I could experience the complete awesomeness of the 55". The problem is that I don't know if I really want to mess with the added expense especially since I need to pay these purchases off over the next three years or less.

In the end, I think this will be my Christmas. Which is okay. I always tell my wife not to get me anything anyway because she knows I will get myself something somewhere long the way to Christmas. That way she won't have to wonder if I'll like whatever it is she purchases for me as a gift from her and the kids.

No more toys for me for a while. Although I really do like this Browning .22 pistol or the Beretta .22 (although I think the one I saw was all blue/black steel) or a S&W Sigma 9mm I saw at Academy Sports the other day....NOPE! Must remain focused. No more purchases!!

Anyhow...I can't wait to hook the PS3 up to this 55" baby and see how the regular DVDs play. I would say, "Blu-ray," but I don't have any of those just yet. I may rent one just to see what it's like because it could be amazing on 55".

Can you tell I am excited about my new TV purchase?!

By the way, the TV stand I'm currently using may be temporary. Also, as mentioned/questioned by my friends and family, the red tape on it is so the drawers didn't fling open while I was moving it around. If I keep it, it will be painted (per the wife) and the tape will be removed (DUH!).

No comments: