Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dallas Mavericks vs San Antonio Spurs

I was watching some of tonight's game between the Mavericks and the Spurs on My 21. They lost by the way. They sucked, got better but then sucked again. I don't know how many shots/points Nowitzki made but if he would have made more of the attempts that I saw he missed, the Mavs may have actually gotten the lead and possibly won.

Anyway, one of the shots I saw from Ginobli of the Spurs was an arcing 2-pointer that got wedged between the left-side of the rim and the backboard. Apparently when this happens, it's a center court jump ball. Why? In my opinion, this should constitute a turnover. To me, it's no different than an air ball or rim shot that bounces out of bounds. Or maybe a ball that hits the rim but bounces over the backboard which ends up being a dead ball and a turnover.

It just doesn't seem to be a valid reason to have a jump ball to me. But what do I know?


No comments: