Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever (2009)

Just finished watching one of the most horrific shows I've seen...and I've seen A LOT! Funny thing is I really didn't like the first Cabin Fever. I can't remember a single thing about the first movie except I think there was a weird toilet scene but I could be wrong.

I didn't expect much but the sequel, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever (2009), took the first movie and flushed it down that toilet scene. Besides the extremely weak acting and already-seen-too-many-times story line, the gore factor was occasionally gross but overall it was subpar. There was bloody vomits, bloody face/skull bashing and fingernail pulling, and some other "gore" stuff. The only good part was when they showed a girl topless...twice but it was the same girl. The bad part was that she was really small and the second viewing she had some nasty rash and pimple growth on them (that's the "fever"). There was an obese chick that got naked but they didn't ever show her, uh, rolls, boobs...not that I wanted to but it may have added to the gore factor.

Anyway, the movie ends without actually ending. The two "main" characters end up being captured by some group without a name or explanation and then the film turns to like an animated film showing how the "fever" is transferred from one person to another across city and state lines. End of movie.

FINAL VERDICT: Definitely pass! If you can, take all the copies off the shelves of the video store and use them as shooting practice targets.


No comments: