Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lone Star Shipping Company

I had to drop off a package at an "authorized UPS shipping location" yesterday morning. I finally got around to getting a new return shipping label to send back the damage Nook I received a couple of weeks ago. I've been busy and the original label expired.

Anyway, I called this weekend and got a new one emailed to me. I promptly printed ad taped to the box with the damage Nook. I meant to mail it Tuesday but I got the closing times mixed up on this one store. It closed at 6pm instead of 9pm.

So, I found another location that's actually on my way to work. It said it opened at 8am whereas some other locations didn't open until 9am. This earlier time would work out better for me.

The name of this place is called The Lone Star Shipping Company (Google map location here). As you can see on the home page in big bold letters, it says, "Store Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 to 6:00."

They lie!

I got there a little earlier than expected. It was about 7:50am. I waited outside in my vehicle until 8am. Nobody opened the doors. 8:10am. Still nobody opens the doors. 8:15am. A light comes on inside the building. 8:22am. The man opens the front door.

I walk into the place and he says, "What can I do for you?"

I felt like railing into him about how 8am means 8am, not fucking 8:22am! But I didn't.

I merely said, "I have a UPS return package I need to have sent."

He said, "I'll take it. And you're done!"

I said, "That's it?"

He said, "Yep!"

I felt like saying, "I fucking waited for almost thirty minutes for a barely two-second exchange?" But I didn't. I just said, "Thanks," and went on my merry way.

But I release my frustration here and tell you to not visit this location at 8am if you happen to be in the area and need to ship something.

I just don't understand the point of posting an opening time if you aren't going to adhere to it!


No comments: