Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chick-fil-a coffee versus McDonald's coffee (pt 3)

To continue with my Chick-fil-A versus McDonald's coffee saga. I went to the Chick-fil-A web site and filled out a "comment" form. I knew they wouldn't really give a shit but I had to let them know my saga and opinion just to be able to say, "I tried." So...

MY MESSAGE TO THEM VIA A WEB FORM
Sent: 2/8/2010 02:02:52 PM
To: Chick-fil-A.Cares@na.ko.com
Subject: Chick-fil-A Web Form Message

According to the manager at this store, the coffee has changed. In my opinion (and my wife's), not for the better. She's decaf. I'm regular (w-cream). First, we noticed the change when they changed vendors. It literally tasted like heated dishwater. We chalked it up to a one-time bad batch. It happened 3-4 more times. Yes, we gave it that much of a chance to prove it was a fluke. We told manager. He mentioned the change in vendors.

A couple times later we were there for lunch and he recognized us. He said they found there was a problem with the machines and brew time or something. So, once again we tried it. It was still bad.

A few months later, another manager said they changed to the Columbian brew. Again, I gave it a try. It's not as bad as the dishwater taste before but it is no longer tasty and flavorful enough for me to spend the money. We used to go to McDonalds which was about 3 mins down the street until this Chickfila as it was basically across the street and had almost as good as coffee. The wife and I no longer purchase simply to sit back and enjoy the coffee in the dining room. Chickfila is now a drive-by dining experience (unless lunch/dinner with carbonated beverage) where we just get the 4-ct minis for the family on the way to school drop-off. We opt for brewing our own coffee (1 lb bag of Dunkin Donuts regular roast) or make the short trip to McDonalds. Their coffee was actually always better than yours but because your location was closer and the coffee was close, we made the visit to dine in with coffee almost a weekly affair. We'd like to return but my taste buds can no longer handle it.

Regards.

Jay



THEIR RESPONSE
Sent: 2/11/2010 06:04:52 PM
To: [Absent-Minded Jay]
Subject: RE: Chick-fil-A Web Form Message

Dear Mr. Jay:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Chick-fil-A. You are very important to us, and we appreciate your remarks regarding the 100% Columbian Coffee. We hope the following information will be helpful.

The new 100% Colombian Coffee will be replacing our current Café Blends Line (Coffeehouse Light, Bistro Dark, and Expressly Decaf)

100% Colombian Coffee is a premium coffee option that is more relevant to trends in coffee consumption than our current Café Blends line of coffees.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Chick-fil-A. Our customers are very important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Your comments have been forwarded appropriately, and we hope to serve you in one of your local Chick-fil-A Restaurants soon.

Again, thank you for your time and interest in Chick-fil-A.

Sincerely,

Jay
Chick-fil-A CARES
Chick-fil-A...We Didn't Invent The Chicken,
Just The Chicken Sandwich.
On the Web at www.chick-fil-a.com



First of all, the dude that replied is named, "Jay." Ha!

Second, is it just me or does this sound like a canned response? Who cares if the Columbian Coffee is the going trend? Since when did a company become successful following a current trend instead of creating that trend itself?

Third, am I really important to them as a customer? If so, don't you think that they would have extended some apologetic suck up to me by offering a coupon for free item(s)? Do you really think they forwarded my concerns to the local restaurant? Do you think that location will really care?

Damn them! If their minis weren't so darn good with the honey-buttered bread over (basically) chicken nuggets. And if my kids didn't like their sandwiches and waffle fries so much, I would probably not eat their myself.

After all this, I will still continue to brew my own coffee because it always comes out the way I like it AND it costs much less in time, money and effort.

THE END


No comments: