Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dallas Mavericks vs San Antonio Spurs

I'm not much of a basketball fan since the Chicago Bulls three-peat but since the Dallas Stars have left me hanging I don't have much choice but to hope at least ONE team from Dallas wins a championship.

I watched game five last night and must say that I'm disappointed. I've watched a few of the games and I'm wondering if the Stars shared their style of crappy play with the Mavericks.

Game one was winnable if whoever it was didn't go for the win with the three-pointer. All he had to do was shoot a two and they'd go to overtime. There is always someone who wants to be the next Jordan and hit the game winner at the buzzer! Great team play, ass face!

Game two was redemption and an ass-kicking for the Spurs. If I recall, the game was won by like a 10-point deficit. Good times!

Game three I must have missed because I don't remember it.

Game four went to overtime where the Mavs got the lead and held on for the win. Something the guy I can't remember from game one should be thinking about retrospectively. The Mavs potentially could have won it in four straight.

Game five was a good game. Again, the Mavs could have won it but I don't know what the hell the players were thinking with like 27 seconds left in the game. Why Dirk didn't try to pass the ball instead of getting stuffed causing a jump ball is beyond me. Second jump ball should have been between our guy, again forgot his name, and Finley not Ginobli although it really didn't matter because neither did a good job of jumping for the ball. So, there is like 2.6 seconds left in the game and Dallas has the ball in the offensive court for the throw-in. I can't remember who threw the ball in but he should be given a thousand lashes! He bounce-passed the ball to the nearest corner of the court instead of giving someone a better look from the middle of the court. I think he rushed the pass-in...freaking moron. The second mistake was when, um...I forget, had like 1.2 seconds to shoot the ball but instead tried to dribble into a Spur defender. It looked like he just let the ball go when he made contact with the Spur thinking he'd get a foul call. DIP SHIT! Just shoot the ball! He could have been the hero of game four with the game winning shot but instead he looks like a big wussy whining about a foul that never happened.

PUNKS!

No comments: