Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Spring 2006 term in the bag

Another school semester is coming to a close. I finished my Macroeconomics final exam on Monday the 8th. I got an 85 which gives me an A overall.

Hell yeah, I just said I got an A! Boo-yah! I logged into the class discussion board last night to post my extra credit response even though I seem to not need it. I think my contribution was a good one. It was a little wordy but I had to get my point across.

I finished my Mechanical Engineering course about two weeks ago. It was weird because Sunday I got this queasy feeling that I was missing something in that class and I was going to fail because of it. I went online to see the class syllabus and all to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. She gave three exams in lecture, no final. I took three exams in lab and did my presentation but I still had that feeling of void. After looking over the syllabus again, I felt better but to make sure I logged into the actual system to see if my grade had been posted yet. Sure enough, it was. And you know what…another freaking A! Boo-yah! Ooo-rah!

Two As, damn straight.

That’s good because now I have to take business calculus, accounting and statistics to complete my subset to get into the business school. I think these As will allow me to shoot for C+ or higher in these remaining courses. LOL! I just know that these classes will require a lot more work, study and memorizing. Three things I am really lazy about. We’ll see how it goes. I’m taking business calculus in the second summer session. My advisor wants me to take accounting AND statistics in the fall so I can start right into the business school in the spring but I know that’s too much work to ask of me in one semester. With work, school and a family, school will be the one part that will falter. I know me and I’m not willing to give up the little free and fun time I get to entertain my hobbies and my kids’.

I was going to take accounting in the first summer session but it turns out that business calculus is a prerequisite for accounting and statistics. Bastards! I was all pumped and they shot me down. I think I may be able to get into it if I talk to my advisor but I need to go talk to him. Also, that extra class during the summer will allow me to receive my financial aid (loans) because I have to be enrolled in a minimum of six hours. I’m only in three now. It’s all about getting the extra money!

I know the accounting would be a lot of work during the summer session because it is every day of the week for two hours BUT it is done in 27 days. I like that part of it.

Well, I guess I’d better get back to work and maybe walk over to my advisor’s office to see about enrolling in accounting in summer session one.

No comments: