Thursday, May 18, 2006

Summer registration

Well, I am officially registered in two classes this summer. What is summer to me anyway as I am a full-time working part-time student?

My wife and kids are excited about summer but for me it just means more work. We are in crunch time to get the graduating students out and a new batch incoming students in within about three months time. It's not too difficult but it means a lot of paperwork, data entry, queries and manual labor...and that's just me. Oh well. Work is better than no work, sometimes.

Anyway, summer session one I am taking Human Sexuality. Woohoo! I heard it's an interesting course and the teacher is pretty good so I'm hoping for a fairly easy B or higher. In fact, I emailed the teacher to ask for her to accept me into her class because the course was already closed by the time I wanted to register for it. She replied and said it was okay so class starts June 1st.

Summer session two I was already enrolled for my required Business Calculus course. The university is making me take and pass this class by the end of summer or they will put me on academic suspension. WTF? They don't realize I'm not a full-time student nor am I a traditional part-time student so I shouldn't have to abide by their time-frame rules but they are being dicks. Plain and simple! Oh well. Summer session two starts July 3rd.

I don't know who is making me be so studious but I don't think I like it.

I guess there are some good times ahead for the summer!

No comments: