Friday, May 12, 2006

Keller's Hamburgers

Today, I am “working” from home because the left side of my kitchen sink is stopped up. It is also the side that has the disposal attached. I guess not that that matters but I can’t do shit with the sink. I have dishes stacked on the stove and around the sink. I have the cabinet under the sink’s contents on top of the cabinet – mainly shit like Easy-Off or Mr. Clean. I sent an email last night to our landlord and I got an out of office reply from her that says she will be out until Monday. Luckily, she did give a secondary contact if it is a maintenance emergency. I think this equals an emergency.

So, I send an email to my boss letting her know the situation and thinking I might be in the office just after lunch. Didn’t happen.

It’s now 1:11 p.m. and I just got back from going to lunch with my nephew, Robbie, to Keller’s Hamburgers. It’s pretty decent food at very decent prices and it was very quick. I mean on the way we saw a Dallas cop pulling over “50 Cent” in his Caddy. On the way back home, we saw the cop still on the side of the road with the guy. That’s quick service, man.

Anyway, I got a call earlier today around 10 a.m. from the plumber office. They said that they had a guy sick today and if our plumbing problem was something that could wait until Monday. I told them ‘No’ since I have shit piled around the sink and it’s starting to smell up the place. They said then it wouldn’t be until this afternoon. So, I sit and wait for the call. It is fun, fun, fun for everyone...well, me.

It’s not all bad. I got to go eat at Keller’s. If you are ever in Dallas, you should check it out. Again, it’s not extraordinary but a damn good deal for a damn good burger, fries and drink. Check it out when you are in town.

I guess I better get back to doing pseudo-work. I’m not really doing work but emailing back and forth to my boss and coworkers make it seem like I am working. Luckily, I finished most of my work yesterday so today would have been pretty boring anyway. I think.

Oh well, I’m outta here!

No comments: