Thursday, May 13, 2010

Astro Boy (2009)

Astro Boy (2009). Although I got this to watch with my kids, I ended up watching it on my own. Which is the typical M.O. these days. I get something for them but days pass and still we haven't watched the movie...that I picked specifically for us to watch together. I finally just decide to watch it myself because I don't like to keep my movies too long because then it defeats the whole "getting a deal" deal with my Blockbuster Total Access membership.

Anyway, I had read some reviews by someone (critics, individuals, bloggers...someone) that this movie wasn't very good. As such, I didn't expect much but I was going to watch it nonetheless because it was one of the movies I thought at least looked interesting.

I must say that I thought it was a pretty good movie. It kind of had a whole A.I. vibe going with it but overall I thought it was pretty well laid out...at times as expected...but I didn't think it was a waste of my time like some people may have.

I don't think it needs to become part of my DVD collection but I was glad that I watched it. It's a pity the kids didn't get to share in my experience.


No comments: