Friday, May 21, 2010

Taco Bell's new $2 meal deals

Okay, I just left the Taco Bell drive thru and was reminded of something I thought of this weekend.

I went fishing/hunting Saturday to Sunday but didn't get to hunt in east Texas. On the way home, I stopped at Taco Bell about 30-45 minutes outside of Dallas to take a leak. The men's room was occupied. While waiting, I got a little hungry and saw these $2 meals. I wasn't extremely hungry but was getting a headache and thought food and a caffeine drink would help.

So, I tried one. I got the double decker, medium drink (Diet Pepsi) and Doritos. Doritos? That's right - nacho cheese-style. WTF?

I don't know who came up with this combination or any of them with a bag of Doritos but it's kind of weird. Why not just add nachos? Maybe it is cheaper to use the prepackaged Doritos because maybe they give less chips with the 75% chips 25% air bags than a normal nachos.

Either way, it is just odd. I drank the drink and ate the double decker but not the Doritos. Later in the evening well after I go home, I had the Doritos with a ham and cheese sandwich.

Anyway, I guess the $2 meals menu is a decent deal since a medium drink is like $1.50 or so but I'll have to investigate further. Not a big deal really, the Doritos just throws me.

By the way, the restroom was occupied the entire time so I didn't get to pee. Boohoo me!

Sent on the Super Jay Network from Super Jay's BlackBerry®


No comments: