Thursday, May 13, 2010

Did You Hear About The Morgans? (2009)

Did You Hear About The Morgans? (2009) I think Hugh Grant acts the same in almost all of his movies and he's always British. I only say that because there are other actors that have accents but play characters of other diversities like Hugh Laurie (ya know, House?), Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton from True Blood).

Sarah Jessica Parker is...unattractive. I liked her at one point in time. Okay maybe two but I can only remember when she was in Square Pegs. She's way too skinny these days and her nose is almost as big and long as her entire body. Mean yes but truthful.

All that being said, the wife and I thought this movie was pretty entertaining. Hugh played the same bumbling idiot looking for forgiveness or acceptance from the woman he loved, lost or can't have. Even though a lot of the comedic scenes are predictable it didn't make them any less funny. I've always like Sam Elliott. He's a man's man. Mary Steenburgen doesn't look too bad for her age either.

The movie ended a little differently than I thought it would so I guess there was at least one unpredictable moment.

Overall it's a pretty good flick. A couple flick. It is probably worth a regular-priced rental.

UPDATE: I don't know when this was taken but I was looking for images of Ms. Parker and found this one. So, I guess I have found her hot at least three times.


No comments: