Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pandorum (2009)

Pandorum (2009). I always start a movie late and plan to pause it so I can go to bed. But then I get to the point where I think to myself, "Self, it's bed time," but instead of getting myself off my ass and up to bed I end up saying to myself, "Self, it's only like another 30 minutes before the movie ends so why not just finish it?" I then end up watching for 30+ minutes. Before I know it, instead of 10:30 p.m. it's like 11:30-12 o'clock.

This movie was one of those moments as I watched it last night. I couldn't remember the exact premise behind the movie but I did recall that it had Dennis Quaid in it.

It also had some really hot, sexy and sweaty actress named Antje Traue. I don't think I've ever seen her before but I would like to have seen much more of her with less clothing [shit-eating ear-to-ear grin]. It's a shame that she went the entire movie once she appeared sporting sweaty cleavage and nothing else. Bummer...for me...and any other red-blooded male!

There was another actor that looked very familiar but I couldn't place him until I read up on the movie a little more. Turns our it was Cam Gigandet who played James in Twilight. He looks a little meaner and masculine with long dreads than he did in short hair in this movie.

Anyway, I'm not going to go into the movie synopsis and shit because you can do an Internet search and find that for yourself. The movie wasn't all that bad. It left some things unexplained like were the "humanoid creatures" space aliens that got on the ship somehow or were they the humans that were in hybernation sleep but were awakened for some reason and mutated/adapted to their environment for survival like was briefly suggested by Bower. Who knows?! The action and suspense was okay. Overall it was a watchable movie although I found myself expecting a little more but it never came. I'm not disappointed that I watched it (excluding the lack of exposed hot womanly bodies) but I can't really fully recommend someone to see it. I've seen better.


No comments: