Monday, June 30, 2008

10,000 B.C.

I just watched this movie last night. I didn't want to stay up late but I started the movie around 10 p.m. and it went until a little after 12 a.m. Not totally the movie's fault as I was interrupted a few times by the wife and kids to do stuff but I was up late nonetheless.

Anyway, as far as the movie goes, it wasn't too bad. I, like many others on Blockbuster.com, expected more but I didn't completely know what the movie was about before getting it. I knew it had to do with way earlier times and people in loin cloths (no nudity though, dammit! Well, it was PG).

It wasn't the best of movies, graphically, character-wise, plot-wise, acting-wise or otherwise, but if you take for what it is -- a love story with action to fight for that one true love in an historic time period -- the movie is enjoyable.

The average member (hehe, hehe, I said 'member') rating on Blockbuster online is three stars or 'This movie was okay' rating. I rated it at three and a half stars or 'I liked this movie' rating. Again, a lot of them went to the movie theater or rented the movie with the over or wrong expectations. I probably would have been disappointed if I paid $5 or more to see it but since I saw it for probably around $1, it was worth it to me.

There was one thing that bugged me and that was the "girl with the blue eyes" had some overly enhanced blue eyes to the extent that they seemed really fake. Yes, they probably were but when they actually seem that way is where there is an issue. It's almost like the blue eyes in Dune after snorting the spice.

But I digress as I'm over anal-yzing the movie. Anyway, beg, borrow or steal it. It's good and at least you don't have to read 98% subtitles to follow the dialog or hear grunts with no subtitles.

No comments: