Monday, June 16, 2008

Lawn care is almost as expensive as paying at the pump

This evening I had to purchase a lawn mower so I can become manual labor boy! After thinking long and hard and paying about $300 in 2½ months, I figured I could purchase my own mower and do the job these lawn service was doing for $30 a pop!

So, I went to Lowe's Home Center to check out their prices on mowers. We all went to Home Depot yesterday to get paint for Heather to paint her office and the sun room. I checked their lawn mowers but they were out of the price range I was looking for…$169.99 and below without tax. Therefore, Lowe's got my business. They barely did as while I was waiting and waiting and waiting to check out, I almost just walked out and said, "The hell with it!" Finally, some shit stick woman of a cashier got her fat ass out of the restroom and checked me out. She told me, "Well, this register was closed." I said, "Well, I was in line but had to get something really quickly and you disappeared!" Fucking hoochie coochie bitchass!

Anyway, so $211 later, I'm a proud owner of this Bolens 5.5-Torque 21" Cut Push Mower with Bag. It has mulching capability and a rear bag. A Briggs & Stratton engine that provides reliable starting and performance…blah, blah, blah. If only it ran itself, it would be a dream. Either way, it's still cheaper than paying $300 over 2½ months.

The wife keeps saying that I won't keep up with it. I'm going to do it just to prove her wrong!

Well, I'm watching a movie, Cassandra's Dream and I'm also getting pretty tired. 8 a.m. class comes early tomorrow. I just had to vent a little about having to spend MORE money on shit that I don't WANT to.

No comments: