Sunday, June 22, 2008

Economic stimulus

Sounds dirty, doesn't it?

I got my economic stimulus check in the mail on Friday, June 20th. Which was right about the time it said I should get it on some web site I went to. I think it was the IRS web page or something. I Googled "economic stimulus check" about four weeks ago and I found this web page that said to click on the last for digits of my SSN or something like that and it said I should receive it in June. Well it was nearer the end of June but money is money!

So, I drove to the bank today to drop it in the night deposit. I was wondering if my bank will hold the amount (it's $1,800 because I am married, filing jointly with two dependents) for a few days like they do with non-government checks. I laugh to myself because sometimes I think we all would trust other financial institutions more than we would the government when it comes to paying us money.

But as mentioned, money is money and I'll take it to the bank and run!

No comments: