Thursday, September 02, 2010

Amazon book pricing is slightly messed up

There was this book for sale on Amazon that's a part of a series my wife has read. It's the latest of the series in fact. I noticed something funny about the pricing. If you look at the screen cap below, tell me what YOU see.


Yep, that's right. The hardcover price on Amazon is $12.97. The Kindle version is priced at $12.99.

Now, my understanding is typically and usually the Kindle version is much cheaper than the hardcover. That's kind of the whole point of the eBook, right...cheaper and more convenient to carry around?

Is this the way of the eBook? Suck the customer in and then fuck them over...like the Audio CD: buy a whole 15 songs when you only want 1-2 of them?

I guess I'll have to wait and see if this is an error or truly Amazon trying to pull one over.

UPDATE 9:51 p.m: I looked on Amazon just now for the book and the hardcover has been upped to $15.17. Interesting.

No comments: