Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kids say the darnedest things

I was talking to my kids about how I met their mother. I'm such a sap that I remember it vividly.

We got into the "sometimes people put on weight over the years, blah, blah, blah" part of the conversation. I made comments like, "Your Daddy has always been cute," "The girls had always liked the looks of your Dad," and the like. I mentioned that even though I'm heavier than I was in high school (I'm not fat...I'm pudgy! Assholes!) the girls still occasionally shoot me a glance. It must be my overwhelmingly striking inner beauty. Anyway...

My oldest says, "Yeah, you are a cute guy Dad, like a bald panda." WTF? The follow-up was, "You know how pandas are cute looking and you just want to squeeze them but you don't have all that hair like they do. So, you are cute like a bald panda."

I guess it could have been worse.


No comments: