Friday, September 24, 2010

Elvira Returns!

I read somewhere a day or so ago about Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (Wiki or official site) returning to television. I don't understand why other than the whole vampire-romance stuff that's supposedly "in" right now.

Don't get me wrong. Elvira was a big part of my late-night TV watching as a young boy. I remember wanting to just see her -- who cared about the movie? I dreamed of the day one of her boobs would pop right out and my boyhood fantasy would have been complete. But gosh darnit, unfortunately, it never happened!

She's always been funny to me. Better entertainment than a lot of full-length big-budget movies these days.

So, I give Elvira props on becoming a cult icon and branding phenomenon. She was obviously smarter than she sounded! And at 59 yrs old, if she still has the goods like the photo below from her official web site, she will be worth every minute of renewing that hope of a boob slip!

No comments: