- Say you want to stay in your current position
- Say you are not looking for another job
- Interview for another job
- Other job says you are one of their top candidates
- Say you really aren't looking to move but this opportunity "just came up"
- Continue to say you'll stay while waiting to see if the other job offers you something
- Have your current employer panic and scramble to make offers to keep you
- Say you still aren't looking to leave
- Tentatively agree to contract extension aka "raise"
- Other job offers position to someone else
- Deny that you seeked out the job but it was an opportunity you couldn't "pass up"
- Say you can't wait to get back on track in your current job and you will mend the fences you burned in looking for another job
- Take the "raise" and continue to seek other opportunities as the "come up"
Click here for article while it lasts.
Consider Yourself Randomized!