Thursday, September 02, 2010

Nah, nah...nah, nah, nah, nah...hey, hey, hey...goodbye, Andy Roddick

Tennis was not so good last night for Brooklyn Decker's husband. Yes, I feel he is no longer "Andy Roddick - tennis player." He has been sucking for so long and his one major (2003 US Open Champion) that he won was from pure determination, a powerful, feared forehand and a dominating serve. What does he have now? Nada!

Headline on Tennis.com reads:
Roddick eliminated by Tipsarevic in second round
Click here for article while it lasts
I watched the match an in my opinion, Tipsarevic dominated Roddick on every aspect of the match. Even though he lost the 1st set, it was a minor hiccup. I think they said Tips was coming back from ankle injuries so I'm sure he wanted to try and ease into seeing how they felt before going harder.

He just played Andy's "wait for them to make a mistake" game plan better and at times changed that plan to the "I'm ripping this bitch past your ass" plan. Mrs. Decker just seemed like he was confused on how to play: should I go for broke when it feels right or wait for the other guy to do that and screw up? It didn't work either way. It was a pity. It is a pity to see someone with such talent waste it, like James Blake. Maybe either or both will have a second wind like Agassi did. Let's hope.

I like Tipsarevic. He's a very decent player. I've seen him playing at his best and not-so best. He's a likable guy and he was very respectful in his on-court post match comments. What's no to like about a guy like that?

Here is another article on the official U.S. Open website about the match while it lasts.

No comments: