Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blue Man Group

PegasusNews had an article today about the Blue Man Group (official site and Wiki) in concert at the Winspear Opera House.


My first thought is "I didn't know that the Blue Man Group was still active or that anyone would care to see them anymore." Not that they are horrible or whatever. It's just that I don't see/hear them as the "in" or even "sort-of in" thing these days.

My second thought is "I haven't been to the Winspear yet." Not that I really, really care to but I would like to go once just to say, "Oh yeah, I've been there." I've heard the acoustics are phenomenal but the seating spacing isn't much better than the Dallas Summer Musicals venue at Fair Park. I'm sure I'll have some reason to attend something at the Winspear some time. It just won't be the Blue Man Group.

I remember seeing them growing up. The first time I remember seeing them is in a television commercial for some product. I don't remember which. As a teenager, they were interesting to see and watch but I don't think I ever wanted to see them in concert. I'm sure they have progressed in their performance but I still don't see them as a big attractant to pay however much they are charging.

Anyway, more power to them because they obviously have a good following if they are on tour and performing in the big venue of the Winspear versus something smaller. I guess I'll have to wait to read the reviews if I happen to see them.

No comments: