Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Having a moral compass sucks!

I just found a notebook bag in one of the rooms outside my office area. It was actually in the Coke machine public area sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. At first I wondered if it was a bomb but who the hell would care or thought my office area was important enough to blow the fuck up!

I picked the bag up and took it to my office. I opened and rifled through it to see if I could find out who it belonged to. I figured it was some dumb ass grad student that got in a hurry and left this very important bag full of goodies behind.

It had a very nice Dell Inspiron notebook in it which I was very, VERY tempted to claim as my own...you know, finders keepers, losers dumb asses! I just couldn't do it though. I don't know if it had to do with finding out that it did indeed belong to one of our new grad students or if I just couldn't live with myself if I took it.

I really think it is probably the guilty feeling knowing that I know who it belongs to and yet didn't make attempt to return it. If attempt was made and no luck, then I think I would have walked away. Or if it was late in the day and no one was around for me to even bother guessing whose it might be.

Anyway, I took it to the receptionist and told her it was found in the Coke machine room and that his name was so-and-so.

Fucking moral compass! I must take a hammer to it later.


No comments: