Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dave Chappelle's Block Party

I received Dave Chappelle's Block Party or here DVD in the mail from my Blockbuster Total Access membership.

I don't know how long ago I added it to my queue but I know I expected it to be good. I must say, it wasn't. First, it wasn't what I expected. Second, it just wasn't worth the postage.

I like Dave Chappelle. I thought he was pretty funny with his Chappelle's Show on Comedy Central.

I think this is a case of what many comedian-type actors have experience. It's something like "I'm so popular and funny right now that I can do anything and people will like it." It happened with Mike Myers, Chevy Chase, Eddie Murphy, Rob Schneider, and Larry the Cable Guy. They just don't know when they should stay with what made them famous to begin with. Explore other avenues but don't give up the bread and butter! Chappelle should have stayed with his "millions" show.


Live Long and Prosper!

No comments: