Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rock'em Sock'em

Rock'em Sock'em. I remember this little game when I was a kid. It was pretty fun and I remember getting into many fights with my older brother just above me (I have 4 and he's 3 yrs older).

I think I've actually seen this game in the stores when it made a sort of resurgence. The difference is the game/ring was actually much bigger than the ones I've seen recently. I've seen them at say 6"-8" square but we had one that was more like 12" square.

Pretty cool!

Anyway, what brought this up was I saw the game in the movie, Four Christmases, while I was watching it at work (yes, I was at work watching as it's kind of slow right now since we'll be closed for the holiday ALL next week).

Since I mentioned the movie I'll add a quick review. The movie started out with the typical bar scene where the boyfriend hits on the girlfriend but pretending like they don't know each other. She takes his shaky attempts in stride then mocks him and walks away. He follows her and is a little more was aggressive this time and they end up having sex in the bar's men's room. Move on to the first Christmas with his family. Freakin' hilarious. Loved it. The movie went slightly downhill from there as it turned more to a serious overtone as the movie progressed. The movie is still worth seeing but the first Christmas will leave a lasting impression (Jon Favreau goes up and down in the fitness realm and Tim McGraw doesn't say much but was funny just with his expressions and all. Robert Duvall funny as the father) and then the Christmas at Reese's character's mother's is pretty funny as well. After that, it is just an okay movie.

I do have to say that Reese Witherspoon is still hot. Kristin Chenoweth(sp?) is hot and sports cleavage the entire time she's on screen. Vince Vaughn plays very close to his standard rambling, fast-speaking character he plays in almost all of his movies so he's not quite as typical (and annoying) as in some of his movies after his first few that he introduced the "Vince character."

So, overall it was a pretty good movie. It's not a chick flick but more of a (semi-)romantic comedy. I wouldn't have been happy to pay $10 at the theater but not many movies would I. I got this from my coworker who got it from her Blockbuster Total Access membership. Free for me means always good for me.


No comments: