Sunday, December 06, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

A friend of mine loaned me a movie she rented, My Sister's Keeper. She told me it was a tearjerker. That's all I need. I'm such a blubbering cry-baby. I don't know if posted about this before but I don't watch Extreme Makeover after watching one episode regarding a father who is/was a Marine, a father of two or three who lost one of his legs. I watched many episodes before but after this one, I was done.

Something about a bunch of other blubbering "manly" men a.k.a. other Marines and police officers that makes it worse for me, I guess. I think it's seeing people who have to be strong or at least to be strong and brave and "manly" to help lead or protect other people that need it.

It's like when my dad would get all choked up sometimes for some reason as I was growing up. It didn't happen often but when it did, it was weird, sad, to see my dad vulnerable.

Anyway, before I go somewhere on another random tangent, I'm going to start the movie and see how it goes. I have no tissues and plan no sniffling.


No comments: