Thursday, December 10, 2009

In the news 12/10/2009 - Sports Edition

Old story but still going strong. The tagline from Tennis:
Serena Williams, writing a blog for globalgrind.com, says she was given a disproportionately large fine for her U.S. Open outburst and is accusing ITF officials of biased treatment.

Article at Globalgrind while it lasts

I left a comment on the article page so I won't rehash it here.

This from the other day at Dallas News but continues. Donnie Nelson, the Mavs GM is quoted:
"What I can tell you is that Tim was not involved,'' he said. "He's 30 years old with a wife and kids. When the situation started to escalate, he left the property immediately. Certainly we're working with authorities and our security folks to get to the bottom of it. But this is something that's way, way, way overblown."

Article here while it lasts

Donnie is a dumb ass. He always has been. I agree that the press has overblown this story but they always do when it involves a pro athlete. See Tiger Woods. Again without going into my rant, I think one of the comments on the article was "What the hell is a guy with a wife and kids doing eating out at 3am in the morning?" I'll add, "With another male and three females AND without his wife and/or kids?" I don't give a shit who you are but I think there should be worse problems for him when he got home...from his wife!! Perception is key. As Donnie said, "Innocent until proven guilty in this country," but not in the wifey's eyes! His wife should Lorena Bobbitt him. LOL!



No comments: