Monday, December 07, 2009

Texas Longhorn versus Nebraska Cornhuskers

I watched the last quarter and a half of the Texas/Nebraska game. Just to restate, I'm not a football fan but a buddy of mine was over and wanted to see how the game was going.

Personally, I was disappointed at the score. I mean for a #3 12-0 team to not score at all in the first quarter against a #23 9-3 team is kind of ridiculous in my book. Now granted, the rankings don't show everything of a team no matter what sport it is but when the best Nebraska could do is score field goals, I would think a supposed powerhouse like Texas would have fair much better.

I think the best part of the game was when the Cornhuskers rushed the field thinking they won. At first it was disbelief, then excitement, then confusion, then utter disappointment. It's best summed up by this quote:
"From one of the best feelings I've ever had to one of the worst feelings I've ever had," Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee said. "I don't really have a way to describe the way I feel right now."

Article from ESPN as long as it lasts

He's right. It sucked ass for them. I found it very amusing. Since I was watching it on television, I could tell that there was at least one second left on the clock. It should have never been that close but dumb ass Colt McCoy apparently was hit and sacked almost too much to think clearly. That right there shows you that he doesn't totally deserve the Heisman.

One of the writers on the article page named Schlabach said something about a "favorable call" helped the Horns win. Bullshit! Anybody who has eyesight worth anything (especially watching TV) would have seen that the ball bounced out of bounds with one second left on the game clock. Obviously not favorable. The kicker still had to make it, which he did, just barely inside the left upright!

Anyway, a win is a win even though this was one of the ugliest I've seen in a long time...oh wait, there was a another. A Cowboys game a couple of weeks ago that was just as ugly against the Redskins.


No comments: