Monday, January 11, 2010

In the news 01/11/2010

Apparently there was some deal on Sunday where a small group of random people took their pants off to ride the DART system. Harmless stunt or criminal activity? For me it would depend on how the drawer-droppers looked physically. Shallow I know but who would want some 5'2" 300# man or woman sitting with their pants off ANYWHERE much less on a rail train? The girl in photo one of the slide show is acceptable. I think it's good that people, apparently a few were strangers to each other, can come together for a little harmless fun. Yes, I would have some splaining to do if my kids saw this but they would have just thought the people were silly and dumb for doing it in the freezing cold.

Unlike the lady that threatened to call the po-po, I would have first inquired to WHY (because there for sure would have had to be a reason). After that, I would have assessed if a po-po call would be needed.

Also, unlike the quoted "wanna-be-a-cop-but-can't-pass-the-academy" transit police, I also don't think it is a crime (disorderly conduct is way too broad...I could let a horrible smelling fart on the train and they could call that disorderly conduct if someone wanted to complain, yeah?)...

Uh, oh...tangent! Why do the DART transit police need to have Dodge Chargers as police cars? I mean they are train cops so they should really only need something like a Kia to get them from train stop A to B or they could take the damn train! Leave the driving pursuits to the real po-po.

Okay, back to our regularly schedule program...

Anyway, I've done some work since then and I've lost my train of thought...as if I had one. So, click here for the story while it lasts at Dallas News.


Live Long and Prosper!

No comments: