Saturday, January 16, 2010

Outrageous shipping charges

I was perusing one of my favorite shopping sites, SlickDeals, and came across this:
Fellowes Powershred C-220C Small Office Confetti-Cut Shredder $60.
Turns out this is at Adorama, more of a photo supplies store). I wouldn't consider this a deal in my eyes as the shredder is priced at $15.00 but the shipping and handling is ridiculous. I screen captured what it would cost to ship to my zip code. So, this $60 deal is almost $100 after added MY shipping costs. I guess it may still be a better price than other places (I didn't check) but shipping something this size and weight does not cost $66.

It reminds me of when I would look to buy cheaply priced DVDs on eBay. I would find a DVD priced at $2 Buy It Now but then the s/h was $10-$15. WTF, is right! I wouldn't buy/bid on it if I could go down the street to Movie Trading Company, Blockbuster or the plethora of other DVD vendors and get a cheaper overall price. So, if $12-$17 was cheaper than the local store price then I would get it. Otherwise, the eBay seller could kiss my ass and see if another sucker would come along. What's worse is when those DVDs that did purchase for an overall cheaper price than local, the shipping envelope would have a postage price of something like $1.74. So, $10 shipping my ass!

Anyway...


Live Long and Prosper!

No comments: