Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In the news 01/26/2010

Not good news for a college football program that was "on the rise." Guilty or not guilty, he won't live it down because it will always be in a background check. People will assume the worse because of his race. Unfortunately, that's just the way it still is.
From the Dallas News: SMU football player arrested in rape case.

Click here while the article lasts.

Way to mar a victorious season, dude! It's always someone that brings you down after you work so hard to lift yourself up (guilty or not, it still brings negative light to the football program).

Or could it be true that any press is good press? Doubtful.

From the Trail Blazers Blog at DMN:
Texas' teen pregnancy ranking: 4th highest

Click here for story while it lasts.

Go figure. I'm with some of the comments about how it seems to be the border states that rank in the top 4 out of 5. I'm no statistician but if I were I would find some interest to see why the border states are consistently at the top. Hm...? The other issue is that I've been around a lot of Texas mothers with teen daughters who are mothers and notice that they always say shit like, "I'm so happy that my daughter had a child [at 13-17 yrs old]. I'm happy to be a grandmother!"

WTF, right? I mean if it were my daughter and I found she was pregnant I'd say, "I love you but this is going to hurt you more than me!" and give her the beating of her teenage life! Because not only do I have to take care of my daughter until she's legal age but now I have another freaking mouth to feed!

I could go on but I'll stop because it's supposed to be a "fun"-ish blog.


No comments: