Thursday, January 07, 2010

In the new 01/07/2010

The first "in the news" post of 2010. Woohoo!

1) From Dallas News:
About midnight on New Year's Eve, Kerri Lyn Smith, 41, was kissing her boyfriend of four years in Far North Dallas when Smith bit the man's bottom lip and tore it off his face, according to police documents.

Click here for article while it lasts

I find it funny that they say she "tore it off his face."

Funnier is that the dumb-son-of-a-bitch guy didn't want to press charges! I'm glad the police charged her and took her in anyway. The way I see it, for something like this, if the cops have to come out and the medical emergency people then someone should be charged with a crime or at least the bill for the services rendered. That way the city(ies) can make their monies for budget shortcomings...maybe.

2) This article comes from Pegasus News:
Dallas radio station KEGL 97.1 FM to announce major changes on Friday

Click here for article while it lasts

I wonder what their change will be. I used to listen to 97.1 back in the days of say the late 80s and almost all of the 90s. Right up until the time they changed it without warning (or my knowledge of knowing, anyway) to a Mexican radio station. One day I was listening and it was mandatory Metallica. The next time I tuned to the station it was hardcore, old school Mexico! I haven't really listened to it as much since they've been back but I haven't really listened to much local radio lately. There are just too many damn repetitive commercials. I don't care about how they have to make their money. When one commercial is played almost twice an hour but definitely once an hour, that's just too much for me! Same goes with the songs they play. When the playlist consists of 30 songs roughly 3 minutes each played every hour, it gets kind of annoying, boring and WAY monotonous. That's why I use my trusty 30GB Zune (in my CRV anyway as it has the auxiliary input).

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. If I was nerdy enough, I'd put this on my calendar to remind me to tune in. Sadly, I probably will.


Live Long and Prosper!

No comments: