Monday, January 11, 2010

P90X - The Proof, The "Pause 2"

It's been quite a while since I "paused" with the P90X work out. With the ankle sprain, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's, I've been too busy (lazy) to start back up.

It's not complete laziness, though. The weather has finally dropped below comfortable in Dallas, Texas. Along these lines, I work out in my two-car garage. It's not insulated so if it's cold outside, it's cold inside the garage. And lately it's been too cold inside the garage. It's not too cold to work out in a parka but it's kind of hard to move around in one of those to do the exercises.

I did try to move the "work out" room inside to my sunroom but the wife put a quick stop to that. The problem is that I don't have a pull-up bar or anywhere to put one so I use the bands for the pull-up-type exercises. The problem with the bands is that they require some sort of hook on the ceiling to provide the resistance. This hook is easily installed in the garage without any fuss from the wife. Unfortunately, she's not so silent with putting it in the sun room.

So, I have to pause a little longer. Luckily, the weather in Dallas is freezing one day and 50-60 the next. I have done some of the Cardio X in my sunroom but it's not ideal and I don't feel that I'm getting enough of a "strenuous" workout with the cardio. No pain, no gain. No sweat...no...I got nothing. It probably does enough but I just like to feel it and I don't really feel it during or after the cardio.

Anyway, I hope the next week brings warmer weather. I may just get some thicker sweats than I currently have and go ahead and start up the routine again in the freezing garage. I'm lazy but I'm also kind of like jonesing for the routine.

We'll see how it goes in the days, weeks, to come.

No comments: