Thursday, October 14, 2010

In the news 10/14/2010

From cbs11tv.com
A federal appeals court has rejected a Dallas-area parent's challenge to the Texas pledge of allegiance over the words "under God."
Click here for article while it lasts.
I say, "GOOD!"

I'm not a religious fanatic. Heck, I miss church on a regular basis because "better" plans come along. I know, I'm a sinner.

I think this is a good thing in the sense that some things don't need to be changed because they aren't really harming anybody. God is and has been a fundamental part of the country whether its inhabitants like it or not.

The Constitution says "Year of our Lord" under Article VII where it lists all the witnesses.The Declaration of Independence uses "God," "Creator," and "Divine" within the text.

The Bill of Rights gives Americans the freedom of speech and religion. It doesn't say that America needs to change the historical significance God has played to please the many different religions. It means that you can practice whatever religion you want. It means that you have the right to not say "under God" during the Pledge of the state or nation. Nobody is forcing you to believe in God versus Allah versus Buddha versus Buddy Christ.

The point I'm trying to make is nobody is forcing you to believe in God. IMO, it's a foundational thing that doesn't and shouldn't be changed for the few, if even at all. There are far worse things that need to be "fixed" in the cities, states, nation and abroad. Let's spend our monies wisely on those things versus some asinine thing like "we are Atheists and my kid shouldn't have to say, 'under God,' during the Pledge." Just mouth the word or skip it altogether, ya dumb ass! That's what I do when I don't know the words to something and nobody knows the better.

Besides, as far as I've heard, saying "God" never hurt anybody except for that one time when I was a wee little boy and it started pouring rain like cats and dogs and then hailed. I ran from the backyard to the breezeway and said, "Oh my God!" My dad said, "What did you say?!" And I said it again. That's when he hurt my feelings by yelling at me for saying "God" and ruined my happy excited moment about the harshness of the weather.



No comments: