Monday, October 18, 2010

TCU v. BYU 10/16/2010

We have a family member that works at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth. At the start of the college football season, I mentioned that I would like to attend one of TCU's home games because I've been in D/FW my whole life and have never been in the Amon G Carter Stadium. Which isn't a big deal but since I have an affiliation now with the school, I didn't want to squander the opportunity to attend a game at least once in the stadium...especially before they remodel it over the rest of the year after the football season ends. They are saying it'll be remodeled a side/piece at a time and it will be done by the 2011 season but I'm not as optimistic as whomever is saying that.

The day started out wonderfully. It was a beautiful morning. I woke up around 7:30 a.m and couldn't go back to sleep. I made coffee and decided to walk the dog. I was going to walk her to Chik-fil-a and bring back some chicken minis for the family but when I got there, the line was too long for me to wait in while I had the dog tied up outside. I thought it was mean to her and rude for patrons that would walk along the sidewalk having to listen to her being upset that I was inside and she was waiting.

So, I walked back home and decided to make breakfast. I made bacon and egg taquitos. I must say they were pretty good for something I quickly threw together. I'm almost becoming a domesticated husband...not!

After breakfast, we headed to TCU because it is normally about a 25-30 minute drive from our area in Dallas. The Rangers' 2nd game against the Yankees was sometime in the early to mid afternoon. Hwy 114 was going to be shut down from Cistercian Way to MacArthur Blvd or somewhere there about. We had to take 183 to 121 to 35 to 30 to TCU just to avoid all the headaches that were going to be in the areas of the other highways.

Anyway, it was a long day but it was pretty fun. I was a tired person and yet when we got home around 7 p.m. we had a neighbor's party to join. We made it to the neighbor's party around 9ish but I left around 11:30 because I was tired and had to get up the next morning fairly early.

Without further delay, here are the descriptions of where each picture below was taken:
  1. TCU Showgirls and band marching down Frog Alley about 10 minutes before the game.
  2. South end zone where kids of all ages(with their parents if need be) get to go on the field and run from end zone to end zone before the start of the game. They are called Bleacher Creatures and the kids get a free TCU football jersey.
  3. Middle field taken from the middle of the seats under the upper deck.
  4. North side of the field taken from the middle of the seats under the upper deck.
  5. South end zone taken from the middle of the seats under the upper deck.
  6. TCU Band in the stands taken from section UF, row 16, seat 28.
  7. Downtown Fort Worth taken from section UF, row 16, seat 28.
  8. South zone and attached building taken from section UF, row 16, seat 28.
  9. 20 yard line, north end of the field taken from section UF, row 16, seat 28.
  10. TCU band halftime show celebrating breast cancer awareness day.
 

 

 

 

 

No comments: