Thursday, June 09, 2005

It's getting tougher

Summer is supposed to be fun and frolicking and...well...anything other than busting my ass working AND writing for my rhetoric class. Sucks!

Our second exam was today. Damn, it was tough for me. It must be getting tougher for me. I don't know. Maybe I'm just tired instead of losing focus. I'm not sure which but I was in class for the entire period to write my exam. It was almost like I was writing my response writing I did Tuesday night. It took me like 15-20 minutes to decide what I was going to write about based on the prof's options and how I was going to go about putting it into words. It wasn't easy but I think I pulled it off. I'm not as confident with this exam but I think I at least got a C+. I guess I'll find out for sure on Monday. I say Monday because we aren't having class on Friday because she has conferences scheduled for those that want to meet with her about the paper assignment #2 that is due Monday. Which I haven't even begun to think about.

After the exam, she returned my quiz and my response writing #2. I got an A- on my quiz. I knew I missed one question - remember, the "trick" question? Anyway, I waited again to see what I got on the response writing until I got outside the building. I saw a "good" for the introduction but then it went to hell after that. She wrote a lot on my second, third and final page. I have another problem with writing. It seems I like to do a lot of plot summary. I see it as giving a good description of my arguments but I guess it doesn't matter what I think. I was afraid to turn to the final page and see what my grade was.

C+

That's my grade. It's not the best but it's not the worst either. I'll take it to the bank as well, though. It wasn't a D or F so I'm sort of happy. I can't complain too much because I did squeeze it out the night before it was due in about 4-6 hours. Luckily, it's just homework writing and not the paper assignments or exams. Of course, since exam #2 was difficult for me as well I'm not really excited about getting it back.

Keep the fingers crossed for at least another C if not better.

Just 11 more days. Woohoo!

No comments: