Wednesday, June 08, 2005

ROAR!!!!!!!

That's a roar like Mufasa not like Simba.

The stress, the suffering, the pain, the anguish...can I whine some more? Stressing and hunting for a new home AND having to write paper after paper for my class is really draining me. I don't think I've made it to bed before 11:30 p.m. since I started class. Between having to read stories, write papers and take care of my kids after I get off work at 5:30 p.m, there just isn't enough time.

Time for slacking. Time for sleeping. Time for playing with the kiddos. Time for playing with the wife. No Time! No Time! No Time!

(deep breaths...breathe in, breathe out...in through the nose, out through the mouth...) Okay, I'm calm now.

Class today was short. We turned in our response writing #2 which I finished last night about 2 a.m. Yes, boys and girls, that's 2 A.M. in the morning of the same day that I have to be up by 8-ish a.m. to be at work by 8:30 a.m. I am riding high on roughly 6 hours sleep. Booyah!

Anyhow, we did no more reading today because we were having "a grammar lecture and exercise for common errors students make quoting sources in their papers" (Seaney 1). That's a direct quote from her. Originally, we had twelve quotations to rewrite in correct form but she cut it down to six. She's so nah-eese. I finished around 11am. I turned in my rewritten quotes and she gave me back my paper assignment #1 and quiz #2. I held them, antsy to see what I got, but I didn't look at them yet. Instead, I asked the prof if the conference on Friday is required because I have been given 30-60 days notice to vacate my abode! She said it wasn't required. I told her I would probably be searching for a place to live instead but I did have her email and IM in case I had any questions regarding my paper assignment #2. I walked out of the classroom, out of the building and was walking down the stairs when I decided I couldn't wait any longer. I had to know what I made. I looked at the title page of paper assignment #1 and there was already a correction. A friggin' missing comma, not a good start. I flip the page and see more writing: some good, some not good. I decided I didn't care too much about the comments right then, I just wanted to see the grade. I flip to the back page and what do you know, a

'B'

I'll take a 'B'.

I continued to walk back toward my office and began to read the comments. She wrote a few "good" and "good point" comments but there was that one comment I saw on exam #1, "Relates to the thesis, how?" It seems to me I have a problem concluding and relating the closing sentence of my argument paragraphs. Maybe it's a mental block, maybe I'm just tired. Who knows? But I'll take the 'B' and run with it and the 'A' from the other day!

No comments: