Wednesday, June 15, 2005

8 more days of class

After today, I only have 8 more days of class. Woohoo! Actually, I think next Monday the 20th we don't have class. So, I guess that's only 7 days. Give me a double "woohoo!"

Yesterday we had class in the campus library to learn about the abundance of reference resources available to us for our research paper and our oral presentation. Hehe, I typed 'oral'. Anyway, it was a boring presentation but I did learn about the library's resources because I've only actually walked through the library to get from one side of the building to the other. Shut up! I just never needed it before.

Anyway, the lady who gave us our presentation on the library was a little odd. She talk loudly and then she'd get softer and then loud again. Or vice versa. I felt like I was at some singing competition back when I was in high school. Shut up, again! I sang in high school because I got to go to Atlanta, GA and Nashville, TN for a week for competitions. It was a blast and the bus rides and hotel rooms were always interestingly fun.

Back on topic, this woman wore a skirt that on a "normal"-sized woman it would have been knee to below knee length. She was a little...how could I say it politely...portly? So because the skirt had to expand around her the length would raise. She also had this black shirt on - like a T-shirt but not. I'm sure there's a name for them but I don't know what it is. Type or name is not important. What is important is that she was standing in front of us while we were sitting in desks and you could see her belly fat. I'm not sure it was planned by her but I felt embarassed for her. Not that she was pudgy but that she was exposing parts of the pudge.

Now, I know there are some college girls that are pudgy and proud to show it but this woman is an employee of the university. She should have been more careful of what she was wearing and how it my expose her. She was a little because at times she would point above her to something on the dry-erase board or projector screen and she'd hold down (discreetly) the shirt on the opposite side of the arm that was doing the pointing. But it was when she was standing just normal in front of us that you'd be able to see belly. I couldn't begin to give you a better visual but just know it wasn't pleasant. It was a good thing I hadn't eaten anything yet.

**sidenote: I am glad "big" girls are proud of the way they are but they don't need to show it such a manner to everyone else...just sayin'

After the presentation, I got my paper assignment #2 back. It was a mess, corrective writing everywhere. I wasn't excited to get to the back page for the grade but I decided not to postpone the inevitable. I just wanted a passing grade!

C+

Yippee! Still passing and hopefully still a 'B' average. Of course, as mentioned many times before and many times to come, I will accept a 'C' average. Passing and getting my degree is all that matters. I don't need to be 'cum laude' or any kind of 'cum' or 'laude'.

[thinks to self] Hehe, I said cum. I know I have a dirty mind.

So, within the 8 days I have a research paper due, a third exam and an oral presentation. What fun!

No comments: